Hollywood Walk-In Clinic
Urgent Care & Walk-In Clinic located in Hollywood, CA
Hollywood Walk-In Clinic on Selma Avenue is a one-stop shop when it comes to the diagnosis and treatment of urinary tract infections (UTI) or other minor illnesses or injuries.
Hollywood Walk-In Clinic UTI Treatment & Care
Hollywood UTI Treatment
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) produce burning urination, pelvic pain and frequent, urgent urges to void. UTIs affect over 50% of women, while men experience infection at a rate of around 12% over their lifetime. The caring healthcare professionals at Hollywood Walk-In Clinic specialize in diagnosing and treating both simple and complicated urinary tract infections. Consult us anytime symptoms arise - no appointment needed for urgent concerns.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offers these tips for UTI prevention:
- Drink plenty of water and urinate when you feel the urge to flush bacteria from your urinary tract.
- Urinate shortly after intercourse to expel bacteria before they travel up the urethra.
- Wipe front to back after using the restroom to avoid spreading bacteria from the rectum to the urethra.
- Avoid prolonged use of diaphragms or spermicides which can irritate the urethra.
- Take showers instead of baths which can introduce bacteria into the urethra.
- Stay well hydrated and empty your bladder completely when urinating.
- Seek medical care if you experience UTI symptoms for evaluation and proper antibiotic treatment.
Causes of UTIs
Bacteria most often cause UTIs after entering the urinary tract through the urethra. Common culprits include:
- Escherichia coli from the digestive tract
- Klebsiella or Proteus species
- Staphylococcus saprophyticus
- Chlamydia and mycoplasma organisms
Women's shorter urethras increase the risk of ascending infection. Urinary catheters, kidney stones, diabetes, or structural abnormalities also raise UTI risk. Maintaining urinary hygiene and emptying the bladder post-intercourse prevents most UTIs. Seek medical attention if symptoms emerge.
UTI Risk Factors
Factors increasing UTI susceptibility include:
- Female anatomy
- Sexual activity and use of spermicides or diaphragms
- Menopause due to estrogen loss
- Urinary tract abnormalities
- Catheter use
- Prostate enlargement in older men
- Kidney stones or blockages
- Impaired immunity - HIV, chemotherapy
- Poor hygiene, infrequent voiding
Discuss your unique risk profile so Hollywood Walk-In Clinic can recommend appropriate preventative strategies. Prompt UTI treatment and identifying any complicating factors is our specialty.
Recognizing UTI Symptoms
Classic UTI signs involve:
- Burning or pain when urinating
- Frequent urge to urinate despite little output
- Cloudy, bloody or foul-smelling urine
- Pelvic pain or pressure in women; rectal pain in men
- Low abdominal discomfort or back pain
Monitor symptoms' progression. Upper urinary tract infections can cause fevers, chills, nausea and vomiting. Seek urgent care if you suspect a kidney infection.
Doctors diagnose uncomplicated UTIs based on symptoms, urinalysis and dipstick testing. Be prepared to provide:
- Description of your symptoms - timing, severity, triggers
- Any recent urinary catheterization
- History of UTIs or other urinary conditions
- Recent sexual activity and birth control method
- Other medical issues like diabetes or immune disorders
We'll collect a urine sample to assess:
- Leukocyte esterase and nitrites suggesting infection
- Blood or cloudiness signaling inflammation
- Bacteria and white blood cells present
To check for infection, doctors will test your urine for any signs of infection. Uncomplicated UTIs typically resolve within days on oral antibiotics, along with symptom relief measures like phenazopyridine. More complex UTIs involving the kidneys require close monitoring and aggressive antibiotics, sometimes intravenously, to avoid permanent damage or urosepsis. Any signs of upper urinary tract infection warrant urgent evaluation.
Positive results confirm UTI diagnosis. For recurrent or complicated cases, we may order imaging studies of your urinary tract.
Uncomplicated UTIs generally resolve within days on these treatments:
- Oral antibiotics - we select appropriate course based on test results
- Phenazopyridine - urinary analgesic relieving discomfort
- D-mannose supplements - preventing bacterial adhesion
- Increase fluid intake - dilutes urine and speeds healing
- Avoid irritants like caffeine, alcohol, spicy foods
Follow all medication instructions carefully. Symptoms should improve within 2-3 days, but finish the entire antibiotic course. We'll ensure proper follow-up care for recurrent or complex UTIs involving kidney infection or structural abnormalities. Trust Hollywood Walk-In Clinic for convenient, effective UTI treatment.
UTI Emergency Warning Signs
Seek urgent Hollywood Walk-In Clinic care or call 911 if a UTI causes:
- High fever with shaking chills
- Severe flank pain radiating to the groin
- Profuse bloody or foul urine
- Confusion, agitation or drowsiness
- Nausea/vomiting preventing fluid intake
- Signs of urosepsis - low blood pressure, rapid heart rate
Urinary tract infections produce uncomfortable symptoms like burning urination and pelvic pain. They result from bacteria infiltrating the urinary tract, most often E. coli. Women face higher risk due to their shorter urethras making it easier for bacteria to ascend. Other UTI risk factors include sexual activity, urinary catheters, diabetes, and kidney stones or blockages.
Left untreated, kidney infections can permanently damage function or become life-threatening. We provide rapid, 24/7 treatment for any UTI complications warranting emergency intervention.
Urgent Hollywood UTI Care
Is UTI discomfort keeping you up at night? Hollywood Walk-In Clinic offers prompt relief any day, no appointment required! Report to our office if you experience:
- Worsening UTI pain, burning urination
- Inability to keep liquids down
- Fever or vomiting
- Blood or pus in urine
- Kidney infection symptoms
We perform rapid onsite urinalysis to assess infection severity, then initiate appropriate therapy which may include:
- Powerful broad-spectrum IV antibiotics for kidney infections
- Potent oral antibiotics for cystitis
- Fast-acting phenazopyridine by injection
- IV fluids/electrolytes for dehydration
- Kidney function testing if concerned
- Imaging studies if complications present
To prevent recurrent UTI, drink plenty of fluids, urinate regularly, and practice careful hygiene. Seek prompt medical attention if UTI symptoms arise and follow through with the full antibiotic course and any additional treatment recommended.
Hollywood Walk-In Clinic provides compassionate, convenient UTI care - just walk in anytime symptoms occur. Don't endure the discomfort of urinary tract infections - rely on our UTI expertise and get prompt treatment.
We try our best to keep our cash prices as low as possible, but we do also accept most PPO insurance plans. Please see our list of accepted insurance plans to the right.
Please note that we are not currently in network with Medi-Cal plans but we will soon be!
If you do not see your insurance plan listed, please call us or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
WE NOW TAKE MEDICARE!
Worker's Compensation patients welcome. Please bring your claim number with you for your visit (provided at your workplace.
Words from our patients
"The best urgent care in my area!Fast, friendly, and professional. They know what they are doing"
"The doctor I saw was genuinely concerned about me and make me feel like she actually cared about me getting better. I would highly recommend going here if you're unwell"
"I love this place. I have been there a couple of times in the past and I have never had to wait in the waiting room more than 20 minutes... Highly recommend"
"Very clean, complimentary tea and phone chargers, and free parking even if it's a tight fit. Staff is courteous and professional. Definitely recommend."
"Oh man I love it here. Clean, efficient, friendly, SMART. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat... Such a relief to know they're so close and so good"
"... I'm so happy I came here. The parking was free, the check in process was extremely easy and the staff was amazing"
"We are glad we found this clinic and it will be our go-to place in the future when we need someone to care for us!"
" I'm really impressed with this place... I was able to get prescribed for what I needed and was satisfied."
"I can't say enough about Hollywood Walk-In Clinic...this place is a Godsend!"
"Clean waiting room, nice staff and Michelle is great. Good to have in the neighborhood."
"Can't say enough about this clinic. The best!! The wait is so much better than most walk in clinics. Doctors are fantastic"
"BEST walk in clinic in all Hollywood and west Hollywood area... good service and affordable prices."
"The doctor I saw was kind and knowledgeable. The facilities are clean. The wait was only 30 mins"
"I've seen a variety of doctors and PAs and all of them have been kind, concerned and very helpful."
"I can't thank you enough, everyone here is awesome, I felt really cared for and better just from the great experience. I highly recommend to everyone, such great people"
"Great service. Friendly staff and provider. Prices are reasonable. I'm glad we chose this location. Very clean and efficient."
"Thanks for your help today and last week. I would and have recommended this clinic to a quite a few people."